Aims and Ethos
We are TEAM Hibaldstow. Together Everyone Achieves More. Our school is situated in a beautiful area of Northern Lincolnshire in a small village on the outskirts of Scunthorpe.
We firmly believe that the children who attend our school are part of a family who works closely with the Hibaldstow Community and the wider area.
All children are valued and we work hard to ensure that our children in our village school are taught in a caring, inclusive, safe and nurturing environment, where children can develop high self-esteem, resilience and emotional awareness.
At Hibaldstow Academy we have high aspirations for our children be it in academic, sporting, technical, interpersonal or creative aspects of the curriculum. Our standards are high; we embrace a challenge.
To this end, we ensure that our pupils have a multitude of different experiences in addition to the National Curriculum in order to shape them into confident, resilient and empathetic individuals who have an understanding of the diverse world they live in so that they can be the best version of themselves in their future.
At Hibaldstow Academy we aim to -
- Provide a stimulating and secure environment in which the whole school community can thrive;
- Develop skills, attitudes and understanding which will be required in adult life;
- Develop self esteem, self confidence, mutual respect and a caring attitude throughout the school community;
- Develop the partnership between parents, directors, teaching and non-teaching staff for the benefit of the children;
- Provide all children with equal access to a broad balanced and relevant curriculum so that each child may achieve the highest standard academically, physically, morally, socially and spiritually;
- Help children to understand the traditions of the school, recognise that they are an integral part of a wider community and have responsibilities towards it.